NBK FLEXUS ®
- Multifunctional spring action parts made from a variety of materials
- Simply constructed by cutting slits into the various materials The same exceptional performance proven by the miniature flexible couplings MST and MSX
- Spring performance can be customized for compression, pull, sheering and bending
- Extremely high torsional stiffness
- Due to the cutting process, exact spring constants can be obtained for use in instruments where precision and reliability are required
- Almost linear graphed spring performance can be achieved
- Heat radiating effect can minimize shrinkage and expansion due to heat
- Nearly any shape or dimension is possible
Not only cylinders but also polygonal shaped Flexus® can be produced
- The shape of the hub can be customized according to use
- Can be selected in a variety of materials: aluminum alloy, stainless steel, copper beryllium alloy, spring steel, engineering plastic etc
Customized spring performance can be achieved through adjusting the quantity, pitch, width, and depth of the slits.
Flexus® is a single piece element, which can have the function of a screw, washer, pin, etc. Therefore, assembly time is saved and production costs can be reduced.
- Flexus® one-piece female screw
- Flexus® one-piece male screw
- Flexus® one-piece flange
A heat radiating effect can be created by increasing the surface area and minimize shrinkage and expansion due to heat. Heat insulating products can also be made based on selected materials.
- The thin, wide shape of this Flexus® minimizes heat expansion for use in machine tools.
- This Flexus®,used in the spindle of machine tools, absorbs processing error due to heat expansion.
Each Flexus® is a completely custom made, multi functional product. When considering a Flexus®, please instruct us on the following conditions.
- Material / Surface Treatment
- Spring performance: spring constant (N/mm) and compression allowance (mm)
- Simplified diagram
For more information about NBK Coupling, NBK Couplicon, NBK Flexible couplings, NBK parts. Please contact our sale engineer for helping you.